Symplectic Elements blends both quantitative and qualitative data, allowing you to easily build reports and track progress against your institutional goals. We go beyond traditional metrics with a dedicated impact module to support the capture of long-form, qualitative impact narratives, helping to put the work you do in a wider societal context.
There are many different pathways to impact, making measurement complex. Our newly introduced stock and custom impact types help you get more granular when tracking and reporting on impact.
- Impact Narrative – Written descriptions of the effect of a piece of research.
- Impact Plan – Information on intended impact and activities planned.
- Impact Indicator – Early indicators such as industry engagement or news items.
- Impact Case Study – Written records linked with associated researchers, outputs and activities.
- Engagement Activity – Social mentions or other types of engagement.
This webinar recording features a demo of the new and improved Impact Module delivered by Kate Byrne in February 2022.