Profiles RNS automatically imports and analyses institutional research data to build and maintain a searchable database of individual public profiles, creating an effective social networking resource for research collaboration. Symplectic is an authorised service provider of Profiles RNS, and we’re excited to see its development continue with these new improvements.
Version 2.6.0 contains various new features regarding integrations, ORCID, and more, along with important accessibility updates, bug fixes and database changes.
Below is a preview of the release notes, with the full list of changes included in the open source download. And remember, you can always contact us with questions, or for information on upgrading your Profiles RNS instance to this latest release.
Profiles RNS 2.6.0 Release Date: March 23, 2015
1. A number of small changes to install data and related stored procedures. These will simplify source control and release activities.
2. BasicOrcidModule to record and display ORCID identifiers for institutions who are not
members of ORCID, and thus unable to use the ORCID integration.
3. 508 Compliance. Enhancements to accessibility of site.
4. Displaying PMID and PMCID values, and links to Pubmed Central in publication lists.
5. URI and ORCID included in disambiguation XML.
6. Download contact information in vCard format.
7. Further support for Open Research Network Gadgets.